Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Monster High Birthday Invites and cupcakes


These cupcakes were so much fun, the top design was used from a template that I got off of Mighty Delighty site (here is the template) they were a little tricky at first, but then I got the hang of it.


You don't have to fill the entire top of the cupcake with frosting, just do a circular swirl and place the royal icing disk on the top.  Why waste the frosting you won't see it and what you do put on is plenty. Purchase pink sprinkles (you can see the Wilton ones I purchased in the background) and put them into a shallow sided bowl to make it easy to dip the cupcake into.


Favors are always tough, so I decided to make the cupcake the favor, I purchased the cupcake boxes on amazon.com, they were pretty inexpensive, I thought they looked great. I also scored a major sale at Justice and found Monster High buttons on clearance for .50!!! (see underneath the cupcake).


Here are the invites I made, I loved them, I cut them individually so they looked like concert tickets. I guess other people thought they looked official too because they brought them to the party thinking I had to scan the barcode on them. A lot of the graphics I got right off the Monster High website, the barcode font I took off of dafont.com This is the best site ever for FREE fonts.  If your interested in these for your child's birthday I would be happy to do them for you for a minimal cost. You can contact me at bethmahoney70@gmail.com



The address labels are great and a nice little feature. I like to print them on sticker paper and use my 2 inch circle cutter to cut them out. Whenever I use the actual circle stickers they never seem to print right. By using sticker paper I know they are always going to print perfect. I purchased zebra designed slim envelopes to put them in they were a great visual and went perfect with the theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace